Danny Becton for Duval County Property Appraiser
Danny, having retired in 2019 after 28 years was the President and founder of Planogramming Solutions, Inc., an international outsourcing Retail Space Management Solutions Company founded in 1991 here in Jacksonville, Florida. Prior to starting his company, in 1985 he moved to Jacksonville working for Winn-Dixie Corporate after having graduated from Valdosta State University, earning degrees in Business Management & Management Information Systems.
Danny also was a Senior Consultant for Logistic Data Systems (a Dun & Bradstreet Company) and was Director of Information Technology for L.T. Acosta (Acosta Sales). Danny has served on the VSU Harley Langdale Jr. College of Business School Advisory Board for many years.
Danny Becton's Full Bio
Danny in his service to the City of Jacksonville and the Southside community has done so through various community groups and appointments, beginning with the founding of Better Baymeadows Inc., a Public/Private Partnership with the FDOT. Since 2007, prior to being elected to City Council, Danny served on the Mayor’s Citizens Planning Advisory Committee “CPAC” for District 3, chairing the Growth Management and Transportation committee for most of those years and served as Vice-Chair in 2014. In 2012, Danny was appointed by the Jacksonville City Council to the TRUE Commission* and in 2013 to the JIA Area Re-Development Agency Board. Danny also served his Homeowner Association Board of Deercreek Country Club from 2005 thru 2015 having been a two-term president and six-term Treasurer during those years.
In 2011, Danny was instrumental in leading the effort to “re-district” the Southside which led to the creation of the new District 11 seat for which he is the first elected City Councilman for that area and in 2019 was re-elected for a second term. Danny during his six years on council has served on various committees including Finance (3 years), Land Use & Zoning (5 years), Value Adjustment Board (4 years), Rules (1 Year), Transportation and Energy (4 Year) and as the Council liaison to the City’s “Self-Insured” Health Insurance and Benefits Committee (5 years).
During his years on council, Danny has served the Council in leadership positions including Chair of the Land Use & Zoning (LUZ) 2016-2017 and 2019-2020, Vice Chair of LUZ 2018-2019, Vice-Chair of Finance 2017-2018 and 2021-2022, Chair of the Tower Review Committee 2015-2016 and Vice-Chair of the Special Committee on Re-districting for 2021-2022. Additional assignments have included the Special Committee’s on Solid Waste, on Parks, on Consolidated Government, and on the Special Committee of the Future of JEA.
Danny’s most distinguished accomplishments have included being awarded the City Council’s most prestigious award, the Charles D. Webb Award for 2016-2017 given annually by the outgoing President, to the Council Member that best exemplifies the extraordinary commitment to public services demonstrated by the late Charles D. Webb during his years on the City Council from 1971 until his death in 1976.
Also, in 2019-2020, Danny was awarded the Mary Singleton Award given annually by the outgoing President, to the Council Member as the most outstanding Committee Chair.
Danny and his wife Linda have been married since 1992 and have two daughters, Ashlyn who is a graduate from UCF with a degree in Broadcast Journalism and is currently the Director of Strategic Marketing & Communications for the City of Thomasville, Ga and Lauren who graduated IB (International Baccalaureate) from Stanton Preparatory School currently attends the University of Florida.
* Taxation, Revenue & Utilization of Expenditures Commission
Danny Becton's Full Bio
Community and Civic Activities:
- Southside Business Owner, President, Planogramming Solutions, Inc., since 1991 (Retired).
- Board Member, Jacksonville School for Autism.
- Board Member, Valdosta State University, Langdale School of Business.
- Treasurer, Past President, Board of Directors, Deercreek CC Owners Association.
- Community Neighborhood Contributor – “Southside Newsline”, Monthly Publication.
- Chair, JDA Software, Worldwide SIG Organization for Retailers.
- COJ TRUE Commissioner (Taxation, Revenue & Utilization of Expenditures Commission).
- COJ SB District 7, JIA Area Redevelopment Agency Board Member.
- COJ District 3, SE Vision Planning Steering Committee.
- Citizens Advisory Member, JTA Southside Blvd Visioning Study.
- Vice-Chair, District 3, COJ Mayor’s Southeast Citizens Planning and Advisory Committee.
- Chair, Growth Management and Transportation, SE CPAC, District 3.
- Member, Twin Lakes Academy Middle School, “SAC” School Advisory Board.
- Vice-Chair, Mandarin Oaks Elementary, “SAC” School Advisory Board.
- Atlantic Coast High School, “SAC” School Advisory Board.
- Mandarin High School, “SAC” School Advisory Board.
- Boundary Steering Committee for Atlantic Coast High School.
- Baymeadows Community Council, Executive Committee.
- President, Better Baymeadows, Inc., public/private partnership with FDOT.